[cfe-dev] Small patches to allow fully independent clang/llvm/compiler-rt/libc++

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 14 13:08:55 PDT 2015

On 14 October 2015 at 20:39, James Y Knight <jyknight at google.com> wrote:
> How about, instead, having the clang driver read a config file?

This seems to be the preferred solution for everybody that has to deal
with these problems, and we have already discussed this extensively.
The problem is implementing it without disrupting everything else.

It's not impossible, but it requires a long streak of time and effort
to do so, and this is not high enough on people's lists, even those
that deal with it daily, to make the cut.

There's another thread in cfe-dev about the "Clang Configuration
Manager" that has some beginnings, and there are people interested in
doing it. I think it's a start.

About the rest, I agree with Eric's points. :)

cheers,
-renato