[cfe-dev] cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org

Sterling Augustine via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 13 12:32:49 PDT 2015

[this time with correct cfe-dev address]

Clang (and Cling) Developers,

I am working on a tool that takes produces a list of the fully-qualified
names of the parameters in a function prototype. I need the fully qualified
names because I am programmatically generating source code to call these
functions, and I need to generate a function call with the correct types
from the top-level namespace.

Unfortunately, getting the fully qualified name of random QualTypes is
complicated.

You can see just how complicated by looking at
TypeName::GetFullyQualifiedName and it's callees in the Cling project:

https://root.cern.ch/gitweb?p=root.git;a=blob;f=interpreter/cling/lib/Utils/AST.cpp

Does it makes sense to upstream this functionality from cling into clang?

If there are issues with upstreaming, I could also write a new
implementation.

Thanks,

Sterling