[cfe-dev] How to link to "more docs" for clang-tidy checks

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 6 11:04:18 PDT 2015

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply.  Thanks.]

In article <CAAt6xTvNGQNBYNj8i0T-jgk3urwuUtjFt6gbbT-tDRdnFm2Uiw at mail.gmail.com>,
    Aaron Ballman via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Richard via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > I'm confused.  We're talking about the documentation for clang-tidy
> > checks, which is wholly within the LLVM.org's ownership as it is part
> > of their source tree.
> >
> > Why would we be limited in any respect on these docs?
>
> I was under the impression that we were talking about *external*
> documentation, such as C++ Core Guidelines or the CERT C++ Coding
> Standard.

Ah.

These would be supporting supplementary material to the clang-tidy
documentation.

For that, we're back to providing links and using a link redirection
mechanism I suppose.

In my email to Alexander, I was thinking along the lines of how cmake
provides command-line switches to print out all of the documentation
for everything that is in cmake.  They don't need to link to external
3rd party documents, however.