[cfe-dev] LLVM/clang

Arnaud A. de Grandmaison via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 2 06:42:00 PDT 2015

+cfe-dev

Clang requires llvm for several parts: some platform abstractions
(filesystems, ...) as well as well as the optimizers and backends.
Clang is built on top of llvm --- there is not much of llvm you can leave
out on the floor: at configure time you can select to exclude some features
/ backends from the build so that you can start with a smaller base.

Cmake is supported on AIX, so you should try to configure the build with
cmake ... and see how it goes from there.

If you happen to be around Paris on October 15th, there is a social
organized where you can discuss with some other llvm users
(http://www.meetup.com/LLVM-Clang-social ).

Cheers,
Arnaud

AIX.