[cfe-dev] (noob) svn update of nested projectsquestion

Tim Halloran via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 20 13:53:45 PST 2015

Working on the code from trunk in SVN it seems difficult to update all the
nested projects at the same time.

The http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html recommends using "make update"
in the (checked out) llvm directory but that fails

{tim at arkham:~/Source/llvm-trunk/llvm} *make update*
Makefile:44: Makefile.config: No such file or directory
Makefile:151: /Makefile.rules: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/Makefile.rules'.  Stop.
{tim at arkham:~/Source/llvm-trunk/llvm}

(the whole section on this page entitled "Simultaneously Building Clang and
LLVM" appears to be out out date, P.C. (Pre Cmake). I wrote the obvious
script to to a full update, after build failures due to svn operator error,
but I'm guessing there might be a better way.

Best,
Tim Halloran