[cfe-dev] LibTool executable not generated from makefile

Omid Ghenatnevi via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 12 21:42:40 PST 2015

Below is my makefile in my example directory which is located in:

static_analysis/build/release/tools/clang/tools/example

which contains the Example.cpp file I want to compile

when I execute the cmd "make" the build is successful. However, the
executable TOOLNAME example is NOT created/generated. Am I doing something
wrong?

CLANG_LEVEL := ../..

TOOLNAME = example #the name of tool's executable

SOURCES := Example.cpp #the Clang source files you want to compile

include $(CLANG_LEVEL)/../../Makefile.config

LINK_COMPONENTS := $(TARGETS_TO_BUILD) asmparser bitreader support mc option

USEDLIBS = clangFrontend.a clangSerialization.a clangDriver.a \
clangTooling.a clangParse.a clangSema.a \
clangAnalysis.a clangRewriteFrontend.a clangRewriteCore.a \
clangEdit.a clangAST.a clangLex.a clangBasic.a
include $(CLANG_LEVEL)/Makefile