[cfe-dev] 'scan-build ./configure' hang

Maarten Hoes via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 13:44:11 PST 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Jonathan Roelofs via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> I think you ought to be running scan-build on the resulting makefiles,
not on configure itself (unless you intend to analyze the code that
configure uses to feature-test the compiler).

Well it that case, ive been doing it wrong for *years* now.
;)

I thought the reason for running configure through scan-build, is because
configure generates the makefiles that contain CC= (and friends) that will
give you gcc instead of ccc-analyzer if you dont run 'scan-build
./configure', so that you can just do :

$ scan-build -o /dir1/dir2 ./configure
$ scan-build make

Of course, I may be wrong.