[cfe-dev] 'scan-build ./configure' hang

Maarten Hoes via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 11 13:34:13 PST 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated. Well I tried to do some digging,
and it looks to me like this specific configure step is trying to compile
these two small c testcases [1] (config.log mentions 'conftest.c', but I
couldnt find that file on disk).

$ ps -ef | grep ccc-analyzer
gives me :
/bin/sh ./libtool --mode=compile /usr/local/bin/../libexec/ccc-analyzer
conftest1.c -c -o conftest1.lo

Running this on the command line gives me endless lines of this :

Waiting for -c.o.lock to be removed
Waiting for -c.o.lock to be removed

and so on and so on

- Maarten

[1]
$ cat conftest1.c

                /*
                   Test program that needs getopt, called by
                   another program which itself needs getopt.
                   Will the linker complain about duplicate
                   symbols for getopt? We'll soon find out!
                */
                extern char *optarg;
                extern int optind;

                int test1()
                {
                    int i;
                    char *c;

                    i=optind;
                    c=optarg;

                    getopt(0,0,0);

                    return 0;
                }

$ cat conftest2.c

                /*
                   Test program that not only needs getopt,
                   but also calls another program which also
                   needs getopt. Will linker complain about
                   duplicate symbols for getopt? Let's see.
                */
                extern char *optarg;
                extern int optind;
                extern int test2();