[cfe-dev] clang++ as drop-in g++ replacement

Joerg Sonnenberger via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 6 07:15:46 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 06, 2015 at 03:11:14PM +0000, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > Do you have aarch64-linux-gnu-ld in your path? It should be picked up
> > automatically by clang if it can be found.
>
> No, I don't have AArch64 linker in $PATH - I usually refer to it with
> its absolute path when required.
>
> Is the target linker expected in $PATH? My impression was that hints
> passed on with other options (sysroot, gcc-toolchain) were enough to
> locate the right one.

The target linker is searched in tools directories (-B) and PATH. First
with target prefix, afterwards without. sysroot is only about searching
for include files as far as the compiler is concerned (and possibly some
special object files / libraries). No idea about gcc-toolchain, it is
not relevant for the systems I care about.

Joerg