[cfe-dev] RFC: CodeView debug info emission in Clang/LLVM

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 3 07:51:40 PST 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Daniel Dilts via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> 2. Will LLD and LLDB be updated as necessary to support CodeView?

Rui is is looking at making LLD link codeview from object files into PDBs.

Zachary Turner intends to add PDB reading support to LLDB. We already have
a PDB implementation of DIContext in lib/DebugInfo that uses PDBs. The only
client is currently llvm-symbolizer, but the idea was that LLDB could use
it, and eventually we should shift it off DIA and over to something
cross-platform.