[cfe-dev] Building LLVM and clang with different options

mats petersson mats at planetcatfish.com
Fri May 29 12:24:10 PDT 2015

I do as Reid describes. I build a "release" build that I install into
/usr/local/... and then a debug build that I install into a different
directory. When I then build my own project (that uses LLVM), I use the
/usr/local version to perform the build, but use the debug build for the
libraries and headers, such that I get the debug info and asserts that help
me tell me what I've done wrong (inevitably I do several times for each new
feature I'm implementing).

--
Mats