[cfe-dev] [libTooling] Custom vfs::FileSystem for ClangTool

Maciej Poleski poleski.maciej at gmail.com
Wed May 27 13:04:17 PDT 2015

Hi

I'm looking for some way to customize FileSystem object used by ClangTool (especially in ClangTool::run). This is almost nice:
http://clang.llvm.org/doxygen/Tooling_8cpp_source.html#l00278
almost, because object is created by implementation without chance to change this behavior (provide my own implementation).

Is there some place in which FileSystem could be replaced?

I also seen this way of "consuming AST":
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2012/06/08/basic-source-to-source-transformation-with-clang/
but it's quite old example, and looks "slightly" different than current implementation of ClangTool::run (with its use of ToolInvocation and others).

Is there some general solution of this problem?

Best Regards
Maciej Poleski