[cfe-dev] zapcc compiler

Diego Novillo dnovillo at google.com
Tue May 26 09:15:40 PDT 2015

On 05/25/15 15:37, Yaron Keren wrote:
> zapcc maintains as much as possible from previous compilations: AST,
> IR, MC and DebugInfo.  I'm not sure that module support goes that far.
> This indeed would be easier to implement if we know that the C++ code
> is properly modularized.

Oh, neat. This reminds me of the incremental compiler server efforts
with GCC (https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/IncrementalCompiler). We also briefly
played with this notion at Google a few years back.

The big blockers at the time were the tricky implementation details.
GCC's code base is extremely toxic to multi-threading and server approaches.

Diego.