[cfe-dev] Clang for windows: Release with pdb option generates huge binaries

Tilo Kühn tilo.kuehn.73 at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 00:23:50 PDT 2015

i'm not sure if this is a bug or a missing option. when building release
code with clang in msvc my binaries are way to big when compiling with
option /Zi. it seems the linker doesn't strip out all the debug
informations. i did a full rebuild once with /Zi and once with no debug
informations and the resulting binaries ended up with 17 MB vs 7 MB ...
in my opinion all the debug informations should go into the pdb file. at
least this is what i see when usign the intel compiler or msvc compiler.

thx
tilo