[cfe-dev] Cross compiling with clang

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue May 12 03:20:10 PDT 2015

On 12 May 2015 at 10:54, Guilherme <guibufolo+llvm at gmail.com> wrote:
> So it seems that the provided binary on the llvm site does not have *all*
> the backends. I get following error when trying to create an object file.
>
> D:\Playground\xcompile-arm>c:\llvm\bin\clang.exe -target
> powerpc-unknown-none-eabi -c main.c
> Assembler messages:
> Fatal error: invalid listing option `3'
> clang.exe: error: assembler command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)

To be honest, unless you have a PPC assembler somewhere and clang's
driver was smart enough to find it, this looks like you're invoking
the host assembler...

Again, horrible error messages... :(

Do you have PPC tools and libraries? The triple shouldn't matter that
much, at least not until you get some executables and try to run them,
but we're not there yet.

cheers,
--renato