[cfe-dev] Becoming Emeritus

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Mar 31 09:33:50 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Some of you have undoubtedly noticed:

	http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=233588

I've been deeply involved in Clang's development since late 2008, but in the last year or two I've found that I simply don't have the time to keep up with the workings of this amazing, vibrant community we've built here. As such, it no longer makes sense for me to retain code ownership over Clang, because such a title is meaningless and misleading when I'm not actually doing the important work of code reviews, tracking patches for releases, aiding new contributors, and so on.

I have asked Richard Smith, long-time code owner of Sema, to take over code ownership over Clang as a whole. Thank you, Richard!

I'll still be working on Clang on occasion, and of course you can expect me to take that Emeritus title seriously, injecting cranky opinions on Clang's architecture and evolution at semi-random intervals with a raspy "back before we had overload resolution..." and waving a cane furiously.

	Cheers,
	Doug