[cfe-dev] Building libcxx on Windows

Andrew Parker andrew.j.c.parker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 19:47:26 PDT 2015

I was wondering if there's any definitive source of information on this.
I'm aware of this page: http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MSVCCompatibility.html
but that is all I've managed to find so far.  This page seems to imply that
libcxx is buildable (or there's a WIP to make it so) with MSVC.  Is that
the case?

What other Windows builds are supported, e.g. can I build with clang and
windows sys headers?  I presume I can build with MingW?

FYI I'm currently trying to build libcxx using MSVC but with custom
"posix-like" sys headers and runtime.  Obvious blockers to me doing this
are things like the lack of intrinsic support for atomics,
e.g. __sync_add_and_fetch.  I can solve these issue fairly easily but
before I do I'd like to understand if I need to.

Feel free to shunt me to an appropriate doc, page or post if this is a dupe.