[cfe-dev] TargetParser - Always build all table-gen files?

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Mar 10 04:18:05 PDT 2015

On 9 March 2015 at 17:40, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> The only way I can think of solving this is to change how tablegen()
> handles the file name, with some "if(IS_ABSOLUTE)", but looking
> further, the file name is used to more than just a filename, and gets
> included in some variables names, etc. Also, I can't add another
> option to the end of tablegen() because, AFAICS, this function is
> variadic, with all table-gen options following the file name...

CMake turned out a lot more powerful than I was imagining, and the
change was really simple.

Let's follow it here:

http://reviews.llvm.org/D8195

The biggest question now is: do we have a consensus that building all
table-gen files is worth the massive de-duplication of current code
and future work that will follow?

cheers,
--renato