[cfe-dev] language, standard conformance test

Thu Mar 5 19:25:27 PST 2015

hi there,

i am wondering that, is there such a tool which does language (or standard)
conformance checking?

a tool which takes the source code of a project (and a compilation
database) and report that the source code shall be compiled at least with
compiler which can do for example, C99 and on an OS which does support
POSIX.1-2001. or a more detailed report which says these function calls
(source location provided) are require this level of standard conformance,
and those are available on these platforms. or this and this function calls
are obsolete in standard X and use some other call instead.

these kind of informations are there in the man pages, but have to check
manually. and my endeavour in multi OS, portable C/C++ code was always with
surprises. and a tool like this would have been useful for me in the past.

i am interested that tool is exists or not? or somebody planing to
implement such? or any opinion why this kind of tool is not useful, and
testing on real OS will be the ultimate solution every time, and that can't
be avoided. so, any thoughts are welcome! ;)

regards,
Laszlo