[cfe-dev] LLVM 3.7 release plan and call for testers

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Tue Jun 23 11:12:04 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:
>> I propose this schedule for the 3.7 release:
>>
>> - 14 July 2015: Create the release branch.
>>
>> - 14 July -- 21 July: Testing Phase I. RC1 binaries are built and tested.
>>
>> - 22 July -- 29 July: Fix bugs from Testing Phase I. All new features
>> for the release should be complete. Incomplete features need to be
>> turned off by default.
>>
>> - 30 July -- 6 August: Testing Phase I. RC2 binaries are built and tested.
>>
>> - 7 August - 14 August: Fix bugs from Testing Phase II. Only critical
>> bug fixes are accepted.
>>
>> - 21 August: Release 3.7.0.
>
> It looks good to me, though during this time, some people may be on vacation, at least part of the time? :)

Yes, I realize this, and it's a little unfortunate, but hopefully
enough folks are around and the process long enough that it will work
out.

If this turns out to be a real problem, we could consider slipping
future releases a little further into the year, but I'd really like to
avoid that and stick to the current 6-month cycle if possible.

 - Hans