[cfe-dev] Interaction of target attribute change with modules.

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:05:10 PDT 2015

Hi All,

With the change to use target attributes in the builtin headers, we are now
in a weird situation where all of the `requires` inside
lib/Headers/module.modulemap are basically useless. They are included
regardless of the status of their `requires`. My pending patch
http://reviews.llvm.org/D10423 then causes a build failure because we try
to import unavailable modules; without it, we just textually include them
which causes the declarations to appear to be owned by different modules
than expected.

Any ideas? It seems like to keep semantic parity with the "all intrinsic
headers can be brought in" when textually including, we should remove the
`requires`.

-- Sean Silva