[cfe-dev] Testing for libc++ version number

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:16:53 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Edward Diener <
eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com> wrote:

> On the libc++ C++1Y Status web page, at
> http://libcxx.llvm.org/cxx1y_status.html, it mentions at what first
> released version a particular C++1Y feature has been implemented for
> libc++.

No, that's the release of LLVM where it first appeared.

> Is this the _LIBCPP_VERSION macro ? If so what is the format of this
> macro, so I can test its value ? If it is not the _LIBCPP_VERSION macro
> what value is it and how can I test for it at compile time ?

The  _LIBCPP_VERSION macro changes when a breaking changed is made to
libc++.
So far, there have not been any. (or, at least, any major ones).

We've had discussions about having a version number for libc++, but that's
all they've been ... discussions.

-- Marshall