[cfe-dev] System z vector language extensions for 3.7 branch?

Ulrich Weigand Ulrich.Weigand at de.ibm.com
Thu Jul 30 07:24:48 PDT 2015

Hi Hans, hi Richard,

I've just checked support for the System z vector language extensions (and
associated intrinsics header file) into clang mainline as revisions r243642
and r243643.

This is the last missing part to complete support for the IBM z13 mainframe
architecture in LLVM and clang at a level compatible with current GCC
mainline.  All the other parts (LLVM back-end support, and basic clang
support for -march=z13 except for the language extension) are already in
3.7 since they went in before the release branched.  The language extension
however is not in the branch.

In order for LLVM 3.7 to be able to claim full z13 support, it would be
really good if that last missing feature could still make it into the
branch.  I'm aware that we're already quite late in the cycle -- do you
still see a chance to get it in?  If there's anything I can to do help with
this, please let me know.   Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Ulrich Weigand

--
  Dr. Ulrich Weigand | Phone: +49-7031/16-3727
  STSM, GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain