[cfe-dev] [libcxx] How to compile libcxx with MemorySanitizer in MacOS and Linux

Eric Fiselier eric at efcs.ca
Tue Jul 28 08:49:47 PDT 2015

MemorySanitizer is not supported on OS X
(http://clang.llvm.org/docs/MemorySanitizer.html). You can compile
libc++ using AddressSanitizer or UndefinedSanitizer on OS X using the
cmake options -DLLVM_USE_SANITIZER=Address and
-DLLVM_USE_SANITIZER=Undefined respectively.

Support for building libc++ on OS X with sanitizers is experimental
and may not work. Let me know if you have any issues.

/Eric