[cfe-dev] [RFC] Make "requires arm" also include AArch64 in module map files

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jul 23 02:08:03 PDT 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 04:24, Ben Langmuir <blangmuir at apple.com> wrote:
> I propose that we rename the current “arm” feature to “arm32” and take over
> the name “arm” to mean “arm32 || aarch64”.

I don't see anything wrong with this, and being a new thing, we have
some degrees of freedom. But would be good to match what other
toolchains are doing for the similar effect, or have a good reason not
to. Especially related to names and what they mean. We don't want name
nightmares in the future.

cheers,
--renato