[cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Wed Jul 22 18:49:59 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:42 AM, Hans Wennborg wrote:

>>> 'make check' failures can cause this. I had to revert r241599 to get a
>>> package.
>>

>> Oh, I'm silly. Some part of my brain assumed "make -k" would not just
>> "keep going" but also ignore errors. That's not the case of course.
>>
>> I suppose we could disable -o pipefail for the test step. On the other
>> hand, we should make these tests pass :-) Let me know what you think.
>

> :)
>
> That's a +1, or what are the tests for.  On the other hand, it's technically
> not a regression and it's your call.

It's annoying that a test failure blocks building the tarball though.
I'd like to get these tests fixed, but for the RC's, and maybe even
for the release it can be useful to be able to ignore benign test
failures and still get a tarball.

On the other hand, without -o pipefail, there is a real risk that the
test results drown in the rest of the output.

I'll try to cook up a patch that doesn't stop a build on test errors,
but still surfaces them at the end of the script run.

 - Hans