[cfe-dev] Latest clang and dllimport

Edward Diener eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com
Tue Jul 21 21:48:16 PDT 2015

On 7/21/2015 7:01 PM, Ivan Garramona wrote:
> Hi Edward.
>
> Did try to build with BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H defined?

I actually tried it but found some problems with it, which I have not
had the time to pursue. Even if there are no problems Boost is supposed
to work properly without it.

> Last time i used boost with Mingw-w64+Clang, i remember getting these
> errors. I can't test it right now, but if i'm not mistaken, it stopped
> when i defined BOOST_USE_WINDOWS_H.

Feel free to report errors on the Boost trac or if you are willing to do
the work create PR requests.

I do my best to fix Boost problems using clang on Windows targeting the
gcc RTL, but I can't cover every Boost library but just the my own and
some others in which I am very interested Unfortunately there is nobody
doing official regression testing of clang on Windows, although clang
gets good regression testing for Android, Darwin, and Linux. So if you,
or anyone else among the clang developers, wants to contribute
regression tests for clang on Windows targeting gcc RTL, I would be glad
to help in any way I can. I just don't have the resources myself to do it.