[cfe-dev] [lldb-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Mon Jul 20 14:51:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:01 AM, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 19, 2015 07:43 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
>>
>> On 19 July 2015 at 09:36, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Ubuntu 14.04 x64 (with cmake) I get these failures at Phase3 and no
>>> tarball:
>>

>> The tarball is an issue Hans is aware of. We're fixing it.
>>
>>> Failing Tests (18):
>>>      AddressSanitizer-x86_64-linux :: TestCases/Posix/readv.cc
>>

>> Did you use to build compiler-rt on the previous (autoconf) releases?
>

> I don't know.  I didn't specifically enable it.
>
>> If not, this might explain why you're only seeing these errors now.

I think it was built by default before, but that the autoconf build
didn't run as many tests. Having these tests run is one of the
benefits of using the cmake build, but it of course has the downside
that we have to make them pass :-)

> 1) Use the autoconf build and upload if I get a tarball?
> 2) Disable compiler-rt (how?)?
> 3) Disable the -o pipefail and upload if I get a tarball?
> 4) Something else?

I don't think the test failures are correlated to not getting a
tarball. It's probably the "rpath problem" that Dimitry mentioned
further up in the thread. Try using his patch for it, or disabling -o
pipefail.

And please see if you can dig out some more details about the failing
tests and get bugs filed.

Thanks,
Hans