[cfe-dev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Sun Jul 19 08:32:42 PDT 2015

On 19 Jul 2015, at 01:44, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:
> Hm, strangely enough, this version of the script does not go further than the Phase 2 installation, and does not run any tests?  This used to work fine for the release_36 branch.
>
> I think it is because of the "set -o pipefail" which was introduced, but I don't yet understand why this causes the Phase 2 installation to appear to fail, as there is no visible error.  I will investigate, or work around it by removing the pipefail option again.

It appears to be caused by the clean_RPATH() function, which has this line:

      rpath=`objdump -x $Candidate | grep 'RPATH' | sed -e's/^ *RPATH *//'`

If the objdump'd file does not have any RPATH, the whole statement will fail, since set -o pipefail is in effect.  This terminates the script, since set -e is also in effect.

The line can be replaced with this instead:

      rpath=`objdump -x $Candidate | sed -ne'/RPATH/{s/^ *RPATH *//;p;}'`

-Dimitry