[cfe-dev] Problem wtih clang_formatDiagnostic call from python bindings

Guilherme guibufolo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 10:39:02 PST 2015

Hello

I just updated my git repo to release_36 and was able to successfully build it.
To my python bindings I added to class Diagnostic:

+     @property
+    def format(self, options=-1):
+        if options == -1:
+            options = conf.lib.clang_defaultDiagnosticDisplayOptions()
+
+        return conf.lib.clang_formatDiagnostic(self, options)

This used to work without a problem in 3.4.

Now i get:

    ctypes.ArgumentError: argument 1: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>:
Don't know how to convert parameter 1

I looked the declarations up in git with blame and the
CIndexDiagnostic.cpp file has not changed since 2010 for those
declarations.

What am i missing?

Thank you