[cfe-dev] Asserts in Clang crashes my Kdevelop

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Mon Jan 26 13:16:12 PST 2015

Lucas Tanure <tanure at linux.com> writes:
> I'm trying to understand a few issues in kdevelop clang plugin, and for that I
> would like to use clang in debug mode.
> But when I compile 3.5.1 for Debug, asserts come too, and this give a crash in
> kdevelop

This is probably pretty serious. Asserts that fire in clang or llvm
generally indicate a serious problem, and the behaviour without asserts
is pretty suspect in these cases.

You really should look into why you're hitting these asserts in the
first place, rather than disabling them, as it's pretty likely that some
of your problems are related.

> So, there is any way to compile in debug without asserts ?

If you really do need this, you could try passing
-DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=OFF to cmake.