[cfe-dev] Deprecating libc++'s testit script

Eric Fiselier eric at efcs.ca
Fri Jan 9 10:53:50 PST 2015

>I dislike this, testit makes it very easy to run the tests on a fresh
>netbsd vm without having to install python first...

I understand that the simplicity is beneficial to many users. The
reason I want to remove the script outright is because at some point
testit will no longer provide decent test coverage over all of libc++.
testit users may fail to see failing tests in newer parts of libc++
and that would be detrimental to libc++ quality as a whole.

Until a significant number of incompatible tests are checked into
libc++ I see no reason why testit can't remain in the repository but
once using testit becomes a "gotcha" I would like it to be removed.

/Eric