[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Wed Feb 18 16:35:51 PST 2015

----- Original Message -----

There are a number of us who watch performance numbers regularly, certainly more now then there used to be, but this is still an area where we need improvement.

Also, regarding SciMark, this benchmark is already in our test suite (in MultiSource/Benchmarks/SciMark2-C), but this only gives us the composite over all of the SciMark tests. We should probably split this out so that we get timings for the individual tests (or relevant groups) in LNT. This is what I did for the TSVC benchmark, for example. Jack, would you be interested in working on this?

 -Hal

> and I assume they're the ones most interested in getting that fixed.
> If they're happy with it going to 3.6.1, an no one else is trying to
> get that fixed, I'm happy with that outcome.
>
> As Hans said, we'll probably have an RC4. If you're so worried with
> this specific regression, can you try to fix it? It seems two commits
> are responsible in equal measure, so it shouldn't be too hard to see
> what they do, produce the code with and without each one of them, and
> see why things go slower. I'm not an expert on x86, and I didn't even
> run that benchmark on ARM/AArch64, so I can't possibly help.
>
> cheers,
> --renato

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist