[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC3 has been tagged

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Wed Feb 18 12:01:30 PST 2015

On 18 February 2015 at 19:52, Jack Howarth
<howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Assuming that the clang-omp
> developers can find time to rebase their upstream tree on the new 3.6
> release, I intend to do the same for the fink llvm36 packaging. So
> yes, a stable compiler does matter to some folks.

So it seems that you're one of the very few people that doesn't use
ToT. Almost everyone else uses it and the progress of LLVM kind of
assume you do.

The past releases didn't mean much until we started doing the
dot-releases, and even those didn't mean much in the first iterations.
You can't blame people for not caring that much for something that so
few people actually use it.

I think that buildbots make us rely a lot more on inter-release master
branches than we should. Maybe once more OS distributions start
relying on LLVM we'll have to match a more professional release cycle,
but for now, we have very little reason to.

I'm perfectly happy to open a bug for each one of that Phoronix run's
regressions and fix throughout the next six months...

cheers,
--renato