[cfe-dev] clang website error clang.llvm.org

Jonathan Grant JONATHAN.GRANT at renesas.com
Mon Feb 16 04:06:21 PST 2015

From: Reid Kleckner [mailto:rnk at google.com]
Sent: 13 February 2015 19:55
To: Chris Lattner
Cc: Jonathan Grant; cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu Developers
Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] clang website error clang.llvm.org

On Feb 13, 2015, at 6:57 AM, Jonathan Grant <JONATHAN.GRANT at renesas.com<mailto:JONATHAN.GRANT at renesas.com>> wrote:

Did you know the website doesn’t fit on screen with Chrome? I had to zoom the page out. This is because there seems to be a kind of “frame set” which prevents the menu on the left from scrolling up. Can you fix it?
I see what you mean. The left hand menu is fixed, and cannot be scrolled if it flows off the screen. This probably isn't Chrome specific.

http://clang.llvm.org/

Also, this page has been removed, http://clang.llvm.org/performance.html

Can you add a good 404 error page? Also, could you add the page back? Many sites externally link to that. Perhaps symlink to the new page?

Symlink to http://clang.llvm.org/features.html#performance

The old performance.html page was an outdated comparison of the compile time of Clang and GCC 4.2, which isn't really a fair comparison today. The new one just says that performance is a goal of the clang project. Do you think such a redirect would be useful?

I think a redirect is always good, for pages that have moved. External links will still be valid then.

Also maybe a nice 404 page with a link to main site front page would be good for pages that are really gone for ever.

Regards, Jon

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered No. 04586709.