[cfe-dev] libc++/libc++abi - compilation on armv7

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Mon Feb 16 06:39:51 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 08:49:46PM +0800, Renato Golin wrote:
> This issue with cross-dependencies between libc++, libc++abi and
> compiler-rt are well known and we're trying to fix it by splitting the
> Unwind part in its own repository called libunwind. In the future,
> both libc++abi and compiler-rt will depend on libunwind, rather than
> on each other, which will simplify the build process.

Due to the f**ked up EHABI mess, I don't think it will be easy to solve
the interdependencies. With normal Itanium ABI, there is a clear
dependency chain:

libc++ -> libc++abi -> unwind -> compiler-rt

This ignores for a moment the C personality routine.

The problem is that with EHABI, *any* object build to allow unwinding of
the stack adds dependencies on the EHABI unwind helpers. As such, a
dependency between unwind and compiler-rt exists naturally.

Joerg