[cfe-dev] include lib

mobi phil mobi at mobiphil.com
Fri Feb 6 16:55:02 PST 2015

> hello all,
> i have one tool that is using classes of clang my tool is taking c file as
> input ,its not working correctly if i include header files to my c input
> file.i am using clang version 3.5.
> it shows that" stdio.h file not found " if i have added it in my c input
> file
>
> any issue with giving include path??

Hi,

Please don't be offended, but:

as C++ or any other programming language source code has to have a certain
syntax to be understood by the compiler, the same happens with written
English, or any other human language: they need to have basic punctuation
to be understood. The words you are using are correct, but it is impossible
to know when a statement ends. Please take more care about this in future.

After getting dizzy reading it few times, I think I have a glue about what
your problem could be. (please understand, that I least bother to answer).
Different clang tools use different ways to tell "core" libraries/classes
from where (path) to pick up the header files. Libclang does it one way,
Libtooling another way. If you want to get a good answer, you should
describe more precisely what you are doing, what classes are you using etc.
But the best is to have patience to read things like
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LibTooling.html