[cfe-dev] Clang rejects inline assembly that has tied operands with different types

Akira Hatanaka ahatanaka at apple.com
Wed Feb 4 11:14:33 PST 2015

I changed this function recently (yesterday), but I think this error message is unrelated to the change I made. The piece of code that emits this error was committed originally in r70142.
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20090420/016312.html <http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20090420/016312.html>

I’m not sure whether this restriction should be relaxed to allow operands with different size or it’s the source program that has to be fixed. I couldn’t find anything in gcc’s documentation that says whether or not this is legal.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Extended-Asm.html#Extended-Asm <https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Extended-Asm.html#Extended-Asm>