[cfe-dev] [3.6 Release] Release Candidate 2 available

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Tue Feb 3 16:32:02 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Stephen Kelly <steveire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hans Wennborg wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Hans Wennborg
>> <hans-F7+t8E8rja9g9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> Source and binaries for LLVM 3.6.0-rc2 are now available at
>>> http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.6.0/
>>
>> I have also made the docs available. Please take a look at the release
>> notes!
>>
>> LLVM: http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.6.0/rc2/llvm-docs/ReleaseNotes.html
>> Clang: http://llvm.org/pre-releases/3.6.0/rc2/clang-docs/ReleaseNotes.html
>>
>> If you feel there is anything missing, or anything that can be
>> improved, please let me know or commit fixes to the branch directly.
>
> The docs for 3.5
>
>  http://llvm.org/releases/3.5.0/tools/clang/docs/ReleaseNotes.html
>
> have a section about C++17 features, but the RC2 page has a section about
> C++11 features. Is it generated by a script and does the script need to be
> updated?

There's no script that I know of. I suspect we've always just grabbed
ReleaseNotes.rst from trunk, and presumably notes about C++17 features
last time were added on the 3.5.0 branch only.

Larisse and Richard, would you like to contribute some content about
the latest C++ features to the release notes?