[cfe-dev] clang-tidy, clang-modernize, and remove-cstr-calls

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Feb 3 11:36:40 PST 2015

In article <54D111E9.3090001 at philipreames.com>,
    Philip Reames <listmail at philipreames.com> writes:

> A better distinction would be to have sub-categories of
> transforms/warnings in clang-tidy which only apply to particular
> language versions.

If I was going to fold clang-modernize into clang-tidy, I'd make a
"modernize" module for clang-tidy.  What's interesting is that there
are "modernizations" to bring code into realm of C++98 or C++03 that
would apply to lots of C++ code I've seen over the years.  There are a
lot of C habits that are really having a hard time dying.