[cfe-dev] libc++ supporting older compilers

Nico Weber via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 20 17:27:46 PST 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Renato Golin via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 18 December 2015 at 23:22, Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
> <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > 4.7          | 4661         | 126
> > 4.8          | 4015         | 772
> > 4.9          | 4775         | 12  * 10 are missing "is_trivially_" type
>
> This up and down looks odd...
>

> > I'm not trying to artificially limit support but I am trying to keep it
> > moving forward. With limited resources
> > I want to focus on support for C++1z and new libraries like filesystem.
> Most
> > libc++ users use clang,
> > and clang gave us full C++11 support in 3.0.It's time we demand it from
> > other compilers.
>
> Doesn't libstdc++ require GCC? Or can it be compiled with Clang?

We currently build chrome with clang and system libstdc++ (4.6) on linux,
so yes, this mostly works.

(But we only use libc++ with clang and gcc 4.9, so we don't care if libc++
drops support for older gccs. We don't care about C++03 support either.)