[cfe-dev] libc++ supporting older compilers

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 19 12:54:05 PST 2015

On 18 December 2015 at 23:22, Eric Fiselier via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> 4.7          | 4661         | 126
> 4.8          | 4015         | 772
> 4.9          | 4775         | 12  * 10 are missing "is_trivially_" type

This up and down looks odd...

> I'm not trying to artificially limit support but I am trying to keep it
> moving forward. With limited resources
> I want to focus on support for C++1z and new libraries like filesystem. Most
> libc++ users use clang,
> and clang gave us full C++11 support in 3.0.It's time we demand it from
> other compilers.

Doesn't libstdc++ require GCC? Or can it be compiled with Clang?

I'm already bootstrapping Clang to compile libc++ on ARM and AArch64,
as I got some compilation errors with GCC 4.8. I don't remember the
errors, as that was several months ago.

--renato