[cfe-dev] [clang-format] Sort include does not handle pre-compiled headers well.

Nico Weber via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 7 11:33:59 PST 2015

I'm curious about this too -- not just precompiled headers, other Windows
headers too.

>From a header-sorting script we use in Chromium:

  # The win32 api has all sorts of implicit include order dependencies
:-/  # Give a few headers special sort keys that make sure they appear
before all  # other headers.  if line.startswith('<windows.h>'):  #
Must be before e.g. shellapi.h    return '0'  if
line.startswith('<atlbase.h>'):  # Must be before atlapp.h.    return
'1' + line  if line.startswith('<ole2.h>'):  # Must be before e.g.
intshcut.h    return '1' + line  if line.startswith('<unknwn.h>'):  #
Must be before e.g. intshcut.h    return '1' + line