[cfe-dev] Building documentation in VS on Windows

scott constable via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 7 05:50:46 PST 2015

Hi All,

I'm trying to build the Clang 3.7.0 doxygen from a Visual Studio
environment. Graphviz/Dot and Doxygen were installed using cygwin. I
configured the build directory with the command

$ cmake -G "Visual Studio 14" -DLLVM_ENABLE_DOXYGEN=On ..\llvm

When I open the solution, I see the projects "doxygen-clang" and
"doxygen-llvm". But when I try to build either of them, I get numerous
errors, all of which are file path issues. For instance, the configuration
had condensed "...\Program Files (x86)\..." to "...\ProgramFiles(x86)\...".
I fixed this by replacing the line

DOT_PATH = @DOT@

with

DOT_PATH = "@DOT@"

in doxygen.cfg.in, but I'm still getting other path-related errors. Is this
an unsupported feature on Windows as of 3.7.0? Or am I doing something
wrong altogether?

~Scott Constable