[cfe-dev] aborting a compilation with illegal arguments

Jonas Paulsson via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 4 06:03:32 PST 2015

Hi,

SystemZ only has vector support on z13, and therefore it does not make
sense to pass the -fzvector option without specifying z13 as well.
Currently, if compiling with clang, the compilation will abort during
isel in cases where -fzvector is used incorrectly, but it seems best to
abort early, in the FE, if possible.

I would like to ask how one would best handle this. SystemZTargetInfo
has a vector feature, which it would make sense to check against. One
could also check the CPU string, I guess.

/Jonas Paulsson