[cfe-dev] [3.7 Release] RC3 has been tagged, let's wrap this up

Hans Wennborg via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 20 17:51:50 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

3.7-rc3 has just been tagged. Testers, please test, build binaries,
upload to the sftp and report results to this thread.

Again, a lot of patches got merged between rc2 and rc3, but hopefully
nothing that should upset things.

One thing that did change is that the release script now correctly
symlinks clang-tools-extra into the build. If this causes problems on
your platform, please just remove it.

This is a release candidate in the real sense: at this point I have
zero release blockers on my radar. I will now only accept fixes for
critical regressions, and if nothing comes up, rc3 will be promoted to
3.7.0-final.

Documentation and release note patches are still welcome all the way
up until the final tag goes in.

Issues that were on my radar, but I don't consider blocking:

- Sanitizer test failures on various platforms, e.g. PR24222. We never
ran these tests in previous releases, so it's not a regression. It
would be great if the sanitizer folks could look into the test
failures, but it's not blocking 3.7.

- PR24273: "[ARM] Libc++abi built in-tree with libunwind fails in
__cxa_allocate_exception", Renato will exclude libc++ from his build
for now.

- Lack of key functions in some Instruction classes causing build
failures without -fno-rtti
(http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2015-August/089010.html). No
patches have been forthcoming, so this will not get fixed for 3.7. At
least we correctly report -fno-rtti in llvm-config built with CMake
now.

- r244221: "[SPARC] Don't compare arch name as a string, use the enum
instead", owner is unresponsive.

- "[lldb] r245020 - [MIPS]Handle floating point and aggregate return
types in SysV-mips [32 bit] ABI", owner is unresponsive.

Cheers,
Hans