[cfe-dev] [Analyzer] Unfortunate Asymmetry between Checker and BugReporterVisitor behaviors

scott constable via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 18 19:26:20 PDT 2015

Hi All,

On a static analyzer checker run, clang will happily generate implicit
constructors, and then analyze them just as it would any other function.
However, when a bug is found and a BugReporterVisitor retraces the path
that led to the bug, it is as if the implicitly generated functions never
existed. I believe that these implicit calls should have an associated
ImplicitCallPoint program point, but in my observations they do not. In
fact I can't seem to produce any code that will ever have an
ImplicitCallPoint, which makes me thing that this is a dead feature. Is
this a bug?

~Scott Constable