[cfe-dev] Traversing AST node by node

Frederico Araujo araujof at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:56:36 PDT 2015

Hi,

Yes! Clang provides a really nice API to achieve this.
You can use Clang RecursiveASTVisitor to traverse the AST:

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/RAVFrontendAction.html

or you can match on specific nodes using AST matchers:

http://clang.llvm.org/docs/LibASTMatchersTutorial.html

With Clang libtooling, you can compile your program into a standalone tool
that gets as input the source code to be analyzed.

Hope it helps,

-Fred