[cfe-dev] Run clang plugin as additional step

Bernardo Rufino bermonruf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 18:43:27 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I want to develop a hook that will only modify the AST as an intermediate
step, handing off the modified AST for the next pipeline stages (codegen,
etc.). I thought that plugins were the way to go but I found that when
using them Clang simply yields control of the pipeline to them, meaning
further stages are not run and the execution of the plugin is the last one.
Is this understanding correct?
If so, how can I execute a plugin as a simple hook in the whole process
which modifies the in-memory AST before code generation?
Or, how can I trigger codegen inside my plugin if the above is not possible?
Any other ideas are welcome, possibly I'm doing things at the wrong place.

Thanks,
--
Bernardo Rufino
bernardorufino.com.br <http://www.bernardorufino.com.br/>