[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] Commit message policy?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Sep 24 16:56:50 PDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 4:49 PM, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:

> +1 for a having a short leading sentence followed by a blank line. This is
> always the email subject, so plan accordingly.
>
> IMO the rest doesn't matter and isn't worth codifying.

IMO, none of this is worth codifying really...

We could certainly have a little guide for how to write awesome commit logs
and point people at it. But this is one of (many) aspects of getting ramped
up on the practices and patterns of the community. Not sure it ever really
makes sense to try to codify so much as explain it...